Sunday, January 13, 2008

mediocre muffins

I'm obsessed with Allrecipes.com's rating system. So, last week, I took a shot at the TOP RATED RECIPE OF ALL TIME: Banana Crumb Muffins.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Crumb-Muffins/Detail.aspx

They were mediocre, at best. Easy to make but dry. In other words, not worthy of the TOP RATED RECIPE OF ALL TIME distinction.



Since , I had some leftover bananas, I gave the recipe another try tonight, but this time I ignored some of the recipe: I used oil instead of butter and increased the amount of oil to 1/2 cup instead of 1/3 cup, and added extra butter to the crumb topping. The results were THE GREATEST MUFFINS IN THE WHOLE WORLD. They look the same as above, but taste more delicious. Take that Allrecipes!

1 comment:

Kang said...

doesn't ur closest co-workers get to try the awesome muffins u made??