Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thai Red Curry!

Tonight I hosted dinner and made some Thai red curry with chicken! This recipe is extremely adjustable. Here's what I did:

Sauce/broth:
2 cans of coconut milk
4 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp red curry paste
1 Tbsp fish sauce (gross!)
1/2 cup veggie or chicken broth

Add ins:
1 pound of chicken, cut into strips
small can of sliced bamboo shoots (like a panda!!)
snow peas
1 red pepper, sliced
half an onion, cooked partially

Make the broth mixture and cook for awhile until throughly mixed. Taste and adjust :) Then add the chicken and onions and cook it til the chicken is done. At the end, add the veggies and cook it more until the veggies are done. Serve with salad, jasmine rice, and Turkey Hill Mango Duetto (!!!!) for dessert.

I actually added 1 cup of broth and it made the sauce too thin :( And, I only added 2 Tbsp of curry paste, and wished it were a bit spicier. Next time, it will be awesome, but today, it was only mediocre. Other ideas for veggies to add: broccoli, carrots, green beans....anything you think would taste good, probably will. Very easy easy to make too!

2 comments:

Ms. St. Louis said...

I can vouch for this recipe. The curry was delicious! It was a little thin, but still flavorfull. And the Duettos was AWESOME!

YogaMango said...

Ohhhh looks good! I make mine with extra red curry sauce and I add in some chili garlic sauce (rooster sauce) from the Asian market (but I swear I saw a bottle at shoppers.. identifiable by the green twist top and the picture of the rooster on the bottle..) I also don't use broth, but I usually have to add salt