Monday, May 19, 2008

Black and white cookies!

Since I enjoy things that involve a food destination, one of my favorite things to do is ride my bike to Eastern Market for black and white cookies :D I've been fantasizing about making black and white cookies for a few weeks now. Today was the day! And they turned out great!! It is tough finding a recipe, though. I used this recipe for the cookie and this recipe for the frosting. I followed the recipe for the cookies, but added vanilla to the white frosting and used chopped semi-sweet chocolate chips AND cocoa powder and a little milk for the chocolate frosting. They turned out really well and weren't nearly as time consuming as expected!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Even though I only ate half of one, they were really good! Thanks Lindsey!

Dan said...

Those look awesome - (you bike to eastern market? thats awesome too)

jeanne said...

oh man, those look good. REALLY good.

Rainmaker said...

Awesome looking! And even sportin' the DC Bike to Work shirt, very stylish.