Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Taqueria Poblano, Del Ray

Tonight I went to Taqueria Plabano in Del Ray for dinner. I've been meaning to check it out for years (literally!) but the combination of my laziness, their weird hours, and it always looking super crowded...it just never happened. Tonight the stars aligned and it was great! It was different than other Mexican restaurants I've been to, and based on the reviews I've read, I think that's because its considered Cal-Mex, rather than Tex-Mex or Mexican/Salvadorean.

The menu consists of mostly tacos/appetizers and only a handful of platters. I got chorizo and potato tacos (on special) and they were delicious! If anything, they were a little heavy on the potato and light on the chorizo, but covered with just the right about of cheese and some pico de gallo. Most tacos are a la carte, but this was a platter and I got extra rice and no beans (because I hate them) and it also came with gauc!
Check it out!

No comments: